The Asia Video Industry Association (AVIA) held its OTT Summit at the end of March, with a day dedicated to Piracy Over The Top. Neil Gane, the General Manager of AVIA’s Coalition Against Piracy has graciously given us the privilege to attend the event virtually. In addition to major video providers and technologists in the region, Piracy Monitor had the honor of participating.
- APAC Piracy Landscape 2021 (AVIA)
- Together We Stand, Divided We Fall (Foxtel, PCCW, Irdeto)
- Data Analysis – Now What? How Important is Data Analysis in the Fight Against Digital Piracy? (AVIA)
- Technology Trends: What’s Hot, What’s Not (AVIA, Synamedia, Nagra)
- In Conversation: Across the Pond – An Anti-Piracy Update from North America (Piracy Monitor, AVIA)
- Sports Piracy: Challenges and Opportunities in 2021 and Beyond (beIN Media Group, LaLiga, The Premier League)
- In Conversation: The Rise of OTT Services in Indonesia (Vidio, AVIA)
- Consumer Risk and the Dark Underbelly of Piracy
- Closing Remarks
Why it matters
Based in Hong Kong, AVIA is a strong voice for Media and Entertainment industry stakeholders in the South Asia region. AVIA has been highly proactive against piracy across that region. Just in the past week, AVIA notched a major site blocking victory in the Philippines as a catalyst for a Memorandum of Understanding between intellectual property regulators and the country’s Internet Service Providers.