Security provider Verimatrix made a flurry of announcements leading up the annual IBC conference in Amsterdam. The company will highlight new anti-piracy technology to protect streaming media content, its content protection solutions, and new enterprise cybersecurity solutions for shielding media apps and monitoring threats from endpoint devices. It will be the first IBC since the start of the global coronavirus pandemic.
Since late July, Verimatrix has announced multiple partnerships:
- UniqCast, based in Croatia, has completed its integration with the cloud-based Verimatrix StreamkeeperSM Multi-DRM platform. Unicast works with telcos, ISPs, broadcasters, OTT, mobile and DVB operators to build turn-key IPTV/OTT/DVB multi- screen solutions, both as a vendor and end-to-end system design, integration and delivery. Customers include Cable & Wireless Seychelles Ltd., Mawarid Electronics Limited in Saudi Arabia, HT Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Dhiraagu in Maldives, among others.
- Telestream’s Surveyor ABR Active, Telestream iQ’s ABR streaming QoE and QoS monitoring technology, is now integrated within Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM, available in the Verimatrix Secure Delivery Platform.
- THEO Technologies has completed the integration of its THEOplayer with Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM, which is available in the Verimatrix Secure Delivery Platform
- Harmonic and Verimatrix have integrated Verimatrix Streamkeeper cybersecurity and anti-piracy technologies with Harmonic’s VOS™️360 video processing and delivery platform to create a cloud-based, one-stop-shop for OTT service providers. VOS360 embeds compression, packaging, origin and SSAI, as microservices.
In addition showcasing its partnerships, Verimatrix will host two in-booth mixers at its IBC Booth 1.C23 on September 9 and 10 with TiVo, a leader in DVR and advanced television, as well as The Goose House, a popular esports community that Verimatrix sponsors.
– Product demos – Verimatrix XTD (Extended Threat Defense), Verimatrix Streamkeeper, Verimatrix Secure Delivery Platform and Verimatrix VCAS (IPTV/DVB)
– 3D hologram – A holographic presentation of Verimatrix Counterspy, the company’s proprietary anti-piracy and app protection security agent that uses proprietary zero code technology
Verimatrix is also sponsoring a Media and Entertainment Services Alliance (MESA) networking event scheduled for 8-10 p.m. on September 9 at Café Black.
“Today’s countless ways of delivering and consuming entertainment require a modern approach to anti-piracy and cyberattack prevention, but they must be offered as business enablers and value providers versus costs centers. Verimatrix Streamkeeper and Verimatrix XTD are two new solutions engineered to do just that,” said Asaf Ashkenazi, who was named Verimatrix CEO earlier this summer. “Our theme for IBC 2022 is ‘STREAM ON! Game changing security for streaming & beyond’ and we are excited to showcase a stunning new booth design where we will showcase our latest products alongside our award-winning, legacy content security solutions.”